At A Supa Smile, we do everything possible to help save a tooth that is infected or damaged. But in some cases, extractions cannot be avoided. The tooth may need to be extracted due to disease or as part of another procedure.
In the field of dentistry, tooth extraction is one of the most fundamental procedures. Using the ultimate precision and care, your doctors at A Supa Smile can remove an affected tooth to help prevent further problems from developing.
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
- Damage from decay or trauma
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Gum disease
- Risk of infection
- Financial considerations
Before the procedure, the dentist will examine your teeth and mouth to determine an appropriate treatment plan for you. This will be discussed with you in depth, and your dentist will provide some recommendations to consider.
What to Expect During a Tooth Extraction Procedure
- Sedation or local anaesthetic will be used to make you feel relaxed during the procedure.
- Once the area has become numb, the dentist will proceed to the actual procedure, which is to remove the tooth using a pair of forceps.
- After extracting the tooth, a piece of gauze will be placed on the extraction site to allow blood clotting.
- After the procedure is complete, your dentist will provide detailed home care instructions. Following these instructions ensure that the site heals quickly.
If you encounter any problems after the surgery or concerns about your healing process, see your dentist as soon as possible. At A Supa Smile, we will take any necessary steps to guarantee your health and safety.
At A Supa Smile, you are one step away from having the smile you have always wanted. Your trusted Croydon dentist will give you a fully informed idea of all your treatment options, costs and durations.
Our Special Offers
At A Supa Smile in Croydon, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers.