Knocked Out Tooth
A missing tooth is a perfect smile’s downfall, particularly if it’s a front tooth. Smiling is just not the same as before, and your self-esteem goes down the drain.
Not only is a missing tooth a cause of embarrassment, but it also lets other dental problems into the picture. If your tooth is accidentally knocked out, your family dentist at A Supa Smile can help save your smile.
We offer a guaranteed same day emergency appointment so you can be out of worry and out of pain as soon as possible.
If you have a dental emergency such as a knocked out tooth, call and visit our A Supa Smile dentist within 30 minutes of the injury.
Effects Of A Missing/ Knocked Out Tooth
A tooth can be knocked out for various reasons. From games, to work, to simple errands, your teeth are vulnerable to different dental emergencies everyday.
But what happens if your tooth is knocked out and isn’t re-implanted? We have listed the effects of a knocked out tooth on you and your oral health.
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Bone loss
- Remaining teeth shift out of position
- Affects face and smile aesthetics
What To Do
If you or your child’s tooth is knocked out, here’s what you can do:
- Locate and secure the tooth immediately.
- Hold it by the crown and do not touch the root.
- If the tooth is dirty, rinse it using clean water for no more than 10 seconds. Do this only if the tooth is dirty. Do not scrub, scrape, or brush.
- For a permanent tooth, reinsert the knocked out tooth in place and bite down gently into a clean piece of cloth.
- For a baby tooth, do not reinsert as this could damage the developing permanent tooth underneath.
- Soak the tooth in saline solution, milk, or saliva on your way to the dentist.
- Go to your dentist within 30 minutes of the injury.
Treatment At A Supa Smile
Your dentist will check the extent of the damage. If the tooth is reinserted, your dentist will check through X-ray and other tests if it is properly reinserted and if it has affected your bite capacity.
If a tooth isn’t properly positioned re-implantation can be done by your dentist. A splint may be used for days to weeks depending on the damage. The splint will keep the tooth in place during the healing process.
Recovery will be closely monitored to make sure that there is no infection and that the tooth is back in shape.
A Supa Smile, Your Family Dentists In Croydon
If you are experiencing a dental emergency call us as soon as possible for an emergency appointment. We will quickly attend to your needs to provide you the relief you need for any dental emergency.
Guaranteed same day emergency appointment. When it comes to a dental emergency, A Supa Smile in Croydon is your best choice.