Child Dental Benefits Schedule
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will continue in 2017
In the news:
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has applauded announcement by the Turnbull Government and its Health Minister, Greg Hunt, to reinstate the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) cap to $1,000.
Your dental care partners at A Supa Smile want you to take advantage of the government’s latest initiative, which is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule with up to $1,000 of dental services bulk billed over a two year period.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is the former Medicare Teen Dental Plan and is a dental benefits program for eligible children. With CBDS, your child’s dental care is now more accessible, giving your children more reasons to improve their oral health at a young age.
What Dental Treatments Are Covered?
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule covers a range of treatments such as:
- Dental check-ups & examinations
- Scaling/ Dental Cleaning/ Fluoride treatment
- Fissure sealants
- Root canal therapy
- Tooth extractions
- Partial dentures
Checking The Eligibility Of Your Child
Using the Child Dental Benefit Schedule:
- Check the eligibility of your child via your Medicare online account or by calling the inquiries line at 132 011.
- Schedule an appointment at A Supa Smile and inform us that your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule.
- During your appointment, our dentist will discuss the treatment plan with you, as well as the associated costs.
- Once the discussion is finished, you will need to sign a consent form.
- Your child can then undergo the treatment and the cost will be bulk-billed. This means there are no-out-of-pocket expenses involved in utilising the benefits.
Quality Care for Your Children at A Supa Smile
If you have been advised that your child is eligible for CBDS, then contact A Supa Smile today to make an appointment. Maximise your child’s dental benefits today and witness them grow with beautiful, pain-free smiles.