- Our teeth begin growing long before we are born. Although children don’t normally have teeth appear until 4 -7 months after birth, primary (baby) teeth actually begin to form between the sixth and eighth week of prenatal development!
- We call 3rd molars “Wisdom Teeth” because they erupt when we are older, and by then we should have learned enough to be ‘wiser’!
- Blue toothbrushes are the most popular color, followed by red toothbrushes. This makes sense, because most surveys show that blue is the world’s favorite color!
- The second most common disease is tooth decay. If you want to impress your friends you can call tooth decay, “dental caries!”
- Saliva protects our teeth by ferrying food away from them. In a lifetime, the average person produces enough saliva to fill seven 6.5-metre round swimming pools (100,000 gallons)!
- In the middle ages people believed that cavities could be cured by kissing a donkey, or forcing “worms” out of teeth by heating them with a candle.
- Each year the average person uses 16.5 metres of dental floss a year, or a whopping. This is far less than the 111.5 metres that dentists recommend!
- 5% of adults in Australia have lost all of their teeth!
- Tooth enamel is HARD – in fact it is the hardest substance in your body, even harder than bone! Beneath that hard enamel is a layer of another very hard substance called dentin, which actually makes up most of the tooth.
- Dental checkups twice a year are not only vital to your oral health, but vital to your overall health as well!
Be good to your teeth, and your teeth will be good to you!
Contact us on (03) 9723 0703 or book your appointment online today.
At A Supa Smile, we are committed to your dental health. Visit us at our convenient Croydon location and get started!