Many people are not pleased with how their smiles look or the brightness of their teeth.
Here’s what you can do to keep your teeth clean and also improve your smile.
- Brush and floss daily. Brush at least twice a day, using a soft toothbrush to avoid gum damage, for at least two minutes each time, and floss at least once. If you want, use an electric toothbrush, which utilises sonic waves to clean teeth.
- Use a standard fluoride-enchanced toothpaste, NOT a tooth-whitening one. Tooth whitening toothpastes do not remove stains, instead they abrade the surface of the tooth. For whiter teeth, consult with your dentist about professional teeth whitening.
- Regularly use a fluoride-enhance mouthwash! The fluoride in the mouthwash will increase the smoothness and hardness of teeth. This helps you fight plaque, calculus, and tooth decay.
- Visit your dentist regularly. Dental teeth cleaning can keep your teeth free of plaque and calculus, which can stain and darken your teeth. Dentists recommend a minimum of two visits per year, and more for some patients.
- Avoid foods that stain or lead to stains. Teeth are vulnerable to harsh chemicals, which they can absorb when there is contact between the teeth and chemicals. Some foods are also strongly coloured, and can lead to stains. Staining foods include wine, tea, coffee, sweets, and foods with high levels of citric and other types of acid.
- Quit Smoking! Even better, don’t use any tobacco products. Tar in tobacco sticks to teeth and stains the enamel. Because tar leads plaque buildup and calculus formation, it also makes general cleaning more difficult.
If your smile is not all you want, visit A Supa Smile in Croydon for an examination and treatment for your individual situation.
Call us today at (03) 9723 0703 to claim your FREE Teeth Whitening Consultation.